Cardboard Clappers: The Key to Soccer Team Success
Do you hear that sound? That’s the sound of thousands of cardboard clappers, foldable pieces of paper that make a ruckus when slapped against hands, coming from Leicester, England. And you can bet that the fans of the Leicester Football Club attribute that clapping sound as the reason their soccer team is dominating the English Premier League (EPL).
Sound crazy? Let’s look at the facts:
- Since introducing the clappers back in April, the club is averaging 1.35 more points per match.
- Points are different than goals (and more important), they have to do with winning.
- Leicester was not exactly a soccer powerhouse before the clappers became a staple of their matches.
- Now they’re battling for top position in EPL standings.
- Cardboard is awesome and can do pretty much anything as we have proven many times.
- The clappers sound like this.
The club buys 30,000 of these clappers before every home game and puts them on the stadium seats. The fans go crazy with them during the match and create an atmosphere unlike any other.
Alan Birchenall, a former Leicester player and current stadium announcer, told a local paper, “When I go out onto the pitch before kick off when the teams are in the tunnel, the sheer noise makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.”
We know that corrugated paper can do some incredible things when it comes to creating an experience. Whether it’s helping fans make noise in a soccer stadium or it’s delivering a great customer experience with a subscription box, being unique will win the day.
Contact Ernest Packaging Solutions today to learn more about our corrugated prowess for unique cardboard creations. We can help design packaging to turn your customers into true fans who cheer you on!