Give Us a Call
- SteelBoard is uniquely formulated for optimal strength and toughness of corrugated sheets… and the products they protect.
- It outperforms industry standards, with measured and verified results.
- Provides maximum protection of package contents during the shipping process.
- Meets and exceeds military specifications, compression endurance and performance standards as developed and measured by the American Society for Testing and Materials.
- Meets and exceeds standards of efficacy and durability as established and monitored by the Worldwide Packaging Standards Council.
It is widely recognized that moisture content, or relative humidity, significantly affects the stiffness and overall physical strength of corrugated containers. Studies have proven what experience has shown; namely that dampness weakens the fiber-to-fiber bond in corrugated enough to cause package failure.
View More >
There is no equivalent in the industry today. The structural composition and combination of adhesive bases in this corrugated board is solely attributable to SteelBoard Weather.
- Uniquely formulated board which reduces the sensitivity of corrugated to humidity while maintaining all of its mechanical, optical and printable qualities.
- Provides special protection from moisture and humidity, which translates to measurably longer life spans
- Increased dimensional stability and reduced warping
- Extended fold endurance and reduced bending
- Improved fracture toughness and reduced cracking/liner tears
- Greater durability under load and reduced deformation under palletization
- Presently available.
SteelBoard5 provides the highest levels of protection and containment. This translates to maximum durability of packages and the products they protect during all phases of shipping and warehousing. Our key: maximum resiliency to the forces of compression.
There is no equivalent in the industry today! View More >
For conditions relating to variable climate changes, we recommend SteelBoard5 Weather. Both SteelBoard5 and SteelBoard5 Weather are currently available in 250# test.
- Withstands a greater force of rough product handling, with a higher tensile strength over conventional 275# test
- Enhances insulation and protects against sudden changes in temperatures
- Maintains structural integrity in reusable applications
- Minimizes bulge, counteracts shock and resists puncture
With the introduction of our original SteelBoard formulation, the industry welcomed a new standard for toughness and consistency of corrugated sheets and the products they protect. Building on those same benchmarks of quality, SteelBoard3 takes corrugated packaging to the next level… The Power of 3.
View More >
- Shock resistant, abrasion-resistant, puncture-resistant, with a higher tensile strength over conventional 200# test
- 50% stronger than conventional 200# test and 32ECT
- Withstands a greater force of rough product handling characteristics
- Bulge-resistant, to minimize load-bearing container wall failures
- May replace conventional 250#/275# test, 40ECT/44ECT for stacking strength characteristics. Ideal for both:
- Static Loads, such as those related to stacking and storage in warehouses (pre-shipping or post-receipt), where load weight, time, stock pattern and pallet condition are unavoidable factors in causing box compression failure
- Dynamic Loads, such as those related to stacking in transit, where trailer impact and sway,
altitude pressure (sea-level to mountain) and time are unavoidable factors in optimizing the critical
requirements of product containment
MBoard has been formulated to function effectively for numerous packaging
applications; particularly, for conditions involving top-to-bottom load compression.
For conditions relating to variable climate changes, MBoard is also available with the added attributes of the exclusive “WEATHER” formulation, which reduces the sensitivity of corrugated to humidity, while maintaining all of its mechanical, optical and printable qualities. View More >
For conditions relating to variable climate changes, we recommend SteelBoard5 Weather. Both SteelBoard5 and SteelBoard5 Weather are currently available now.
- This product is engineered for best performance when stacking strength is needed, as contrasted with side-wall bursting strength
- Functions within industry tolerance of edge crush performance criteria for conventional 200# test cartons
- Ideal for packaging light-weight products, self-supporting products (i.e. “can-packs”, “bottle-packs”, etc.), or interleaving applications
- Excellent board performance and value when used in connection with inner packaging products (void fill, etc.)
The greater the thickness of the board, the more bulge-resistant the box. Only our exclusive KTechnology can increase corrugated thickness by as much as 40%. The result: an enhanced medium which alleviates the need for high strength double wall, or, in many applications, an inside liner.